Wednesday, May 09, 2007

American Idol Review 11

Then there were four!

Each contestant had 2 songs (thankfully). I love the BeeGees & had very mixed feelings about last night. All in all, I think Jordin ran away with it! She's just amazing.

Melinda...I didn't love her tonight like I usually do. I liked the second song better than the first. Very good choice & she didn't change it too much. If I had to place her tonight, she would be in 2nd place.

Blake...I really like Blake, so I hate what I have to say. I think he may go this week. First of all, "You Should be Dancin'" is such a well known song, that it really shouldn't be messed with too much. I loved how he changed a well-known song last week, but I don't think it worked this week. I also think that it didn't showcase his singing too much. I heard the backup singers more than him. The second song was better, but I don't think people can relate to it because they don't know it. I agree with Randy that he doesn't need to add BB to every song. This song did not need it at all.

LaKisha...I kind of liked her version of Stayin' Alive. I liked the syncopation that she added. I do agree the tempo could have been closer to the original. Her second song was ok. As I'm thinking about it now, I can't remember what it was, so that may say something. I do remember her voice cracking at the end. I hope she doesn't go this week, but I think she is vulnerable.

Jordin was great. On her first song, she was very controlled & it was a perfect choice for her. For her second choice, I thought it showcased her voice well. I disagreed with the judges for the most part. It didn't sound "pitchy" to me, as Randy said. I see what Simon is saying about it being a little old-fashioned for her, but I thought she did really well. She's staying this week. I thnk she took first place tonight.

So, if I had to guess, it will be Blake, possibly LaKisha. I think Melinda & Jordin are safe.

No comments: