Wednesday, May 02, 2007

American Idol Review 10

Sorry I missed last week. We had some storms and my DVR did not record Idol. I was putting Samantha to bed, so I didn't watch it live. It was a good show I heard.

Onto this week...Bon Jovi!!!! Is it me, or does Jon Bon Jovi get better looking as he ages? He was pretty good as a vocal coach.

I'll just run down the contestants.

Phil. I thought he shouted the whole song & didn't really "work" the song. He doesn't tell the story, just goes for the power. I also thought he was a little ahead of the music somewhere in the middle. Despite my criticism, I thought it was a good choice of song. I was very surprised that Randy & Paula liked it so much. I think he might be one of the 2 going home.

Jordin. The poor thing. She just is not a rocker & completely knows it. She took JBJ's advice, but messed it up. She knew it. I hope she doesn't go home because she is so good. One, it was a hard choice of song, then she started it too low. Anyway, hopefully she'll still be here next week.

LaKisha. She's back! I thought she did a great job, I thought. Great song choice, great execution, great control. She's not going anywhere this week!

Blake. He really took a chance. It's such a popular, well-known song that it could have gone either way. At first, I had doubts about his performance, but I think I liked it. It was a great song choice for him. However, I hated that hair!

Chris. I just think he's wimpy. This could have been a good song choice, but I thought it was boring. I also think that you should know the words to the song for the vocal coach.

Melinda. She did great. Great song choice! I love how she can change her style to whatever she sings. Totally agree with the judges, she had a Tina Turner quality.

I think this week Phil & Chris are going.

1 comment:

ZoesMom said...

Nice job -- you nailed it!

I think you should change the name of your blog to the "4th judge"!