Wednesday, April 11, 2007

American Idol Review 7

OK, OK, I know you're waiting for me to say it, so I'll get it out of the way. Sanjaya actually did pretty well last night. I was waiting for a horrible song, but he really did a pretty good job. I still will not concede that he should be in the competition. He did so poorly so many weeks before that he really and truly should not have had the opportunity to be there on Latin Night.

I think that Blake did the best. He chose the right song & sang it well. I think that everyone else did OK, except Haley & Phil.

Haley just annunciates her words too well. She really needs to be on Broadway or in Disney World playing Cinderella or something. It's not that her voice is bad. She just isn't "gritty" enough to sing those types of songs. She sang "Turn the Beat Around" and words like "going to" in a song are really "gonna". She just can't bring herself to do that and let go.

Phil made a good song choice, but I thought he was flat and made no connection. His voice actually cracked at the end. I think he might go this week.

No one else really did anything spectacular. I think Latin music is hard to sing if you are not Latin or are not used to the music. I think American Idol should dump the Latin music night & replace it with "Viewers Choice". Wouldn't it be great to choose songs for the contestants?

No comments: