Wednesday, April 18, 2007

American Idol Review 8

OK, I'm slipping. I completely forgot to blog last night after the show.

Once again, I feel like I should take the 4th judges spot on the show because I have written down comments during the performances that the judges said after the performances.

I'll just go in order, but unfortunately, I can't say anything about Blake & Melinda because a storm knocked out my satellite during the critique of Chris.

Phil did great last night. My exact notes were, He is a natural country singer. He's found his comfort zone. This is the genre for him. Randy then basically said the same thing.

Jordin was amazing as usual. She really worked the song & gave it a tiny bit of an R&B feel. I think she could be the AI, which Simon also said. I'm sure it's very hard to do a strong singer's song. She just did an amazing job. However, could people in the audience that make posters that will be on national TV spell her name right? It's J-O-R-D-I-N!

Sanjaya, Sanjaya. Back to his true form, he really, really was terrible. I swear, I think I could sing that song better & that's not saying much! It sounded like really bad karaoke. He just can't compete with the others. Martina McBride was very diplomatic on her criticism. She mentioned that he isn't singing strong enough & she's right. When he sang some strong notes in last week's song, he really did shine there, but I still think he can't compete. During the song, the judges were discussing something & Randy was kind of laughing. I would love to have been in on that conversation. Simon seemed pretty angry about this whole voting for Sanjaya/the worst thing. He actually said that it was funny at first, but now it's just ridiculous. I heard that he & Randy won't return if he wins. I wonder how true that is. I'm sure they are kicking themselves for letting him through in the first place.

LaKisha was kind of off for me. I felt that she was flat or something because her melody completely didn't work with the background singers' harmony. Hard to do Carrie Underwood. She just didn't do it for me this week & I really want her to do well. If she goes & Sanjaya stays, I may have to boycott the show.

This was not Chris R.'s genre. I thought he was flat in many parts of the song. He did try to give it an R&B spin, as he normally does, but it didn't work for me. I agree with Randy on this one. There wasn't really a connection with the song.

As I said before, I missed Blake & Melinda, so I'll just have to see the recap on the results show.

No comments: